Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Spelling Errors

Usually when I type these entries I'm in a fog, and the result is a mess of words with unacceptable punctuation (or the lack thereof), spelling mistakes, and grammar that is usually likened to a kindergartner. In the past, I prided myself on being a capable speller but all of that has gone out the window. Here I am, a quarter century, and my spelling has become incomprehensible. I've tried to combat this downward spiral by voraciously reading. It hasn't worked. I sit here at work and misspell the same words on a daily basis. No matter how many times that little jagged red underline pops up, I can't spell beginning or address correctly. For some reason my mind sees beginning as correctly spelled: "b-e-g-i-n-i-n-g" and variations of address include: "a-d-r-e-s-s" and on certain days "a-d-d-r-e-s" appears correct. When I was younger definitely was an issue for me and I regularly receive emails that misspell the term. I guess certain people suffer from this affliction. My grandfather, a man I consider intelligent, struggles with apartment. I guess even brilliant savants have human flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment